Visitors

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Corona 2:Solar Eclipse Permission

Exciting News!

First some background...

A few years ago, my sister-in-law, Christine, took me to visit friends in Paducah, KY. While we were there, we went to the American Quilt Museum. That was the first time I saw the amazing quilt "Corona 2: Solar Eclipse" by Caryl Bryer Fallert. While I could not purchase the quilt, I did purchase the poster.

"Corona 2: Solar Eclipse" won the $10,000 Best of Show award at the AQS Quilt Show in Paducah, Kentucky in 1989. It was featured in a PBS show and named one of the most important quilts of the 20th century.

So, we thought the amazing quilt might make a great swug. I emailed Ms. Fallert yesterday ans she responded today. (Whew! that was fast!). Ms. Fallert graciousy gave her permission and it's terms.

We're so excited! Now comes the challenging part. It's got to be larger.....so I will design a new table frame...can't wait!

You can see the quilt here on Ms. Fallert's website:
http://www.bryerpatch.com/gallery/AQS_BestofShow.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment